Thursday, August 9, 2007

Insta-Art Redux: Lego Man


You know how once you notice something that seems strange you start seeing it everywhere? Yeah. I never thought I'd be saying that about giant Dutch toys emerging from large bodies of water.

The Reuters article is pretty great so I'm including the whole thing below. I like how one guy refers to the 8-foot tall Lego Man as "life-size."

AMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A giant, smiling Lego man was fished out of the sea in the Dutch resort of Zandvoort on Tuesday.
Workers at a drinks stall rescued the 2.5-metre (8-foot) tall model with a yellow head and blue torso.

"We saw something bobbing about in the sea and we decided to take it out of the water," said a stall worker. "It was a life-sized Lego toy."

A woman nearby added: "I saw the Lego toy floating towards the beach from the direction of England."

The toy was later placed in front of the drinks stall.

No comments: